Thursday, December 17, 2009

Emma Manley







Up and Coming Designer Emma Manly Tells us a little about herself

Since moving from Dublin to London via New York, I have done stints at VPL NYC and Alexander McQueen. I am now based between Dublin and London and working on my own label ‘Manley’.

I first launched Manley in 2007, beginning at Dublin's Cow’s Lane Market. Here I quickly progressed and was scouted for the launch of The Loft Market in the Powerscourt Town House. After completing my training at The Grafton Academy, I gained invaluable design and market experience in New York and London, working on Fashion Week collections for both VPL and Alexander McQueen.

The Manley line includes contemporary separates and alternative evening-wear. Manley is defined by contradiction, romanticism and the longing for individuality. I work with an unusual mix of fabrics. My current collection is a combination of silk, silk chiffon, jersey, cotton and pigskin. I feel that what I am creating is progressive and individual and I constantly strive to create pieces of timeless beauty.

I am currently working between Dublin and London, concentrating on expanding my market. I will attach links to where you can see my logo and lots of shots from my most recent shoot, which I shot independently and which was shot by Beniamino Baresse

emmamanley@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment