Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nickys Ragtales......


I missed London Fashion Week and had to forgo several invites to some great catwalk shows. The tickets are like Hens teeth and as I sat at home or in the showroom either asleep or slumped over my desk I tried hard not to think about what I was missing and tried not to sneeze over customers as I carried on selling. The great thing is that I was able to watch several of the shows live from my couch such is the miracle of the internet. Within minutes of watching I was able to post them on nickysragtales.com which means that everyone can watch and comment.

I’ve been blogging now for a year and a half and have built up a lovely group of followers, these are people that I sometimes meet and who tell me they enjoy my posts and my occasional off beat humour. Today I had a call from someone from the Christian Loubouton company who wants to meet with me as they have recently opened in Dublin’s Brown Thomas and I’m guessing they may want me to write a piece about the them. This has made me think. Do I write just because I’m flattered to be asked? Do I write for money or a gift? The answer to both of those questions is a very definite NO. I made certain rules for myself when I started the blog and they are very simple. I only write about things I like (or don’t like) and speak my mind. I don’t accept money or gifts before writing and I certainly don’t ask for anything. Sometimes I do get gifts but they are always a surprise and not necessary. A thank you is all that is required. I love the fact that it’s my blog and I can do what I want with it. I am though starting to think about how I can monetize the blog in a way that will not compromise my ethics in any way. I would like to cover my costs at least and will perhaps consider advertising but only of products or businesses that I endorse. I think it’s time I called my Internet tech friend Rob from Lady Umbrella or tech guru Krishna De for some advice on how to go forward.

Have a fashionable week ahead……

www.nickysragtales.com


No comments:

Post a Comment